BA to fly first A380 on Los Angeles route
London, April 9, 2013
British Airways will fly the airline’s first Airbus A380 on the “Red Carpet Route” to Los Angeles, with tickets now on sale.
The home of Hollywood will be the inaugural destination for the first A380 to be operated by a UK airline. The double-decker superjumbo is due to be delivered to British Airways in July and seats are now on sale for flights from October 15, said a statement.
Keith Williams, British Airways’ chief executive, said: “This will be a very special premiere. The A380 is a great aircraft that has been developed with huge amounts of British engineering ingenuity. London and Los Angeles are two world-leading cities, and we are proud to be the first airline to connect them with the A380.”
Paolo De Renzis, area commercial manager, Middle East and Central Asia, said: “The announcement that our first A380 will serve Los Angeles is fantastic news, with Los Angeles already an extremely popular destination with our UAE customers.
“The A380 will be the largest aircraft in the British Airways fleet, accommodating 469 customers across four cabins. For our customers’ comfort, we have evolved our First class cabin and enhanced both the main and upper deck cabins to feature the airline’s current design.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria