Rotana opens Bahrain hotel; eyes 5-star property
Manama, April 9, 2013
Rotana, a leading hotel management company in the Middle East and Africa, is likely to open a new five-star hotel in Bahrain next year, a senior company executive revealed even as the group opened its first property in the Kingdom.
Announcing the opening of Majestic Arjaan by Rotana, Omer Kaddouri, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Rotana, said the five-star property will be located near Bab Al Bahrain.
Majestic Arjaan by Rotana is located in Busaiteen district on the island of Muharraq, just a few minutes away from the capital Manama.
With the opening of this hotel, Rotana now operates 11 properties under the ‘Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana’ brand. Rotana currently manages a portfolio of 85 properties throughout the Middle East & Africa.
The BD22 million ($58 million) Majestic Arjaan by Rotana offers 128 suites, consisting of spacious studios, one, two and three bedrooms developed as duplexes. The hotel will increase Rotana’s inventory to more than 12,620 rooms in the region.
The hotel has been developed with both short and long term guests as well as business and leisure customers in mind, said officials.
Omer Kaddouri, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Rotana, said: “This opening of Majestic Arjaan by Rotana represents an important achievement for Rotana, and a major milestone in our strategy to expand further in the Middle East and Africa region. This is our first property in Bahrain, a fascinating city with an attractive liberal lifestyle, a rich history and culture, with a strong demand for luxury hotels that offer world-class hospitality”.
He said 95 per cent of the construction on the new five-star property is already complete.
“As the gateway to GCC, Bahrain surely can absorb more hotels and we hope the business situation will improve soon,” he said.
Riaz Saban, general manager of Majestic Arjaan by Rotana said the property’s suites are designed to provide the ultimate experience in modern serviced living.
"The diverse features in this property offer numerous benefits and advantages for short or long term stays, whether for business, leisure or home relocation. I am privileged to be part of the opening team for this magnificent property and my team and I will be working hand in hand to ensure all areas of the opening are perfected,” he said.
The hotel features the latest high-tech facilities including fully-equipped meeting rooms with the most up-to-date audio-visual equipment. It also gives guests a chance to wind down and relax at any of the numerous leisure facilities that include an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool, a fully-fledged fitness centre, with steam and sauna rooms.
Majestic Arjaan by Rotana has three specialized food and beverage venues, which include: Ginger All Day Dining – offering international buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a la carte; Ginger Lounge - a lobby café offering a tempting array of mouth-watering delicacies, light snacks and fresh fruit cocktails in addition to a fine selection of freshly-baked pastry takeaways; and Aquarius - a casual dining experience by the pool complemented by hearty refreshments such as light snacks and fresh salads. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas