Etihad opens premium lounge in Washington
Abu Dhabi, April 6, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has officially unveiled its prestigious new premium lounge at Dulles International Airport, following the launch of its new daily service linking Abu Dhabi and Washington DC.
The new world-class facility is part of an overall total investment of $50 million over the next 12 months to build further premium lounges at major destinations across Etihad Airways’ fast growing global network, a statement from the airline company said.
In addition to its signature first and business class lounges in Abu Dhabi, the airline has also established premium lounges in Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Manchester and Paris. Additionally, new state-of-the-art luxury lounges are planned for New York, Sydney and Melbourne.
The beautifully-appointed split level lounge features a whole range of exclusive services including soothing relaxation spaces, elegant fine dining areas, state-of-the-art business amenities, luxurious bathrooms with invigorating shower facilities, and family entertainment areas, the statement said.
Located next to the airline’s departure gate in Terminal A, the lounge provides premium passengers with unfettered and convenient direct access to the aircraft without having to go through a traditional departure gate.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ president and CEO, said: “In creating our guest experience we derive our inspiration not by looking at other airlines but by benchmarking ourselves against some of the world’s leading hotels and restaurants.”
“We continue to invest heavily in continuous innovation to ensure a memorable and seamless experience for our guests on the ground and in the air.”
“Fundamental to this experience is being able to offer the warm and generous hospitality that is the hallmark of traditional Arabian culture in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.”
Overseeing the new premium lounge is Sharla Hofmann, a US national from Hawaii. She will oversee the smooth running of the lounge’s day-to-day business, ensuring that guests experience Etihad Airways’ hospitality at its best and enjoy a truly remarkable journey, from the ground to the air, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips