Etihad Holidays launches new programme
Abu Dhabi, April 4, 2013
Etihad Holidays, a division of Etihad Airways, has launched its 2013-2014 holiday packages programme with breaks to 140 destinations in 45 countries, and offering a range of activity options including extended tours, cruises and fly-drives.
This year’s programme builds upon Etihad Airways’ extended flight network options with its alliance partners airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus, as well as the many of its 42 codeshare partners around the world.
There are also a number of different breaks to Etihad Airways’ new destinations for 2013 which include Amsterdam, Ho Chi Minh City, Sao Paulo, and Washington DC.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Every year the Etihad Holidays’ annual programme expands further to offer new and exciting breaks and value adds, and this year has raised the bar higher with ten new countries and 50 new destinations.
“The programme is user-friendly and gives customers suggestions and tips throughout and makes it easy for them to choose a fantastic holiday, in a fantastic destination for a fantastic price. It’s also fantastic that we are able to integrate and offer the flight networks of our alliance partners, which opens up so many new cities around the world.”
The new programme has once again been specifically designed for UAE residents with all flight departures and arrivals coming from Etihad Airways’ Abu Dhabi home-base.
The ten new countries debuting in the 2013-2014 programme are Brazil, Canada, Hungary, Morocco, Mauritius, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia and Scandinavia. New destinations for this year include Hong Kong and Washington.
There is an expanded range of day long tours offered within holiday breaks and 68 new extended tours which include Eastern & Oriental Express luxury train journey between Singapore and Bangkok, and Kenya Classic Safari including Masai Mara and Amboseli.
Other extended tours include the Imperial Cities Tour of Morocco, Grand Tour of China, Beauty of Nepal, Vietnam impressions, Highlights of Germany, Splendid Tour of Italy, Classic Tour of Russia, Tour of the Scandinavian Capitals, Classical Tour of Sri Lanka and Jordan Explorer.
There are 24 worldwide cruises now on offer that include river and sea cruises with some of the world’s leading cruise liner companies such as SilverSea, Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Cunard Cruise Line, Princess Luftner, and Louis Cruises.
Fly-Drive destinations include Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, Oman and South Africa.
There is also a map section within the new program which gives detailed planning insight for Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Sydney, London, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, New York, Washington DC and Rio de Janeiro.
There is also a “Perfect Holiday index” that gives details of breaks which offer family fun, beach, city breaks, sports & events, short breaks, romance and relaxation, special experiences, and ultimate luxury.
The ultimate luxury destinations have been chosen to offer total luxury, exclusivity and privacy and include Seychelles Private Islands and the Luxury Palaces of India. Luxury hotels in key destinations are Hotel Danieli in Venice, Royal Mansour Marrakech in Morocco, Raffles Singapore, Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro and Le Royal Monceau Raffles in Paris. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare