Wizz Air launches four routes to Dubai
Dubai, April 3, 2013
Wizz Air, a low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, will start services to Dubai World Central Airport from Budapest, Bucharest, Kiev and Sofia starting from October 28.
The airline already connects over 30 countries with its state of the art fleet of 40 Airbus A320 aircraft.
Wizz Air will be the first European low fares airline operating to the UAE and aims to attract passengers from all over Europe to Dubai with unbeatable fares.
Budapest, Kiev, Bucharest and Sofia are also Wizz Air operating bases offering natural connecting opportunities for passengers departing from Dubai to explore Europe on Wizz Air’s low fare route network.
József Váradi, chief executive officer of Wizz Air, said: “Today is a great day for Wizz Air as we are announcing our entry to the UAE. Today is also a great day for the UAE as Wizz Air is bringing rock bottom air fares to the market that will boost tourism and create many new jobs. Flying between Europe and Dubai for as low as Dh349 ($95) is truly unprecedented.”
“Wizz Air is pleased to be the launch customer and the first European low fares airline operating at Dubai World Central. I expect Wizz Air will carry at least 250,000 passengers on our UAE network in the first year of operations. I anticipate we will announce more exciting routes and more low fares to Dubai as we move forward with our expansion plans,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route