Asian markets 'vital for Bahrain aviation'
Manama, March 29, 2013
The average number of passengers passing through Bahrain International Airport (BIA) from 51 destinations has soared to eight million a year of which two million are those travelling from and to Asian countries, said a report.
In a statement issued on a Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) delegation's participation in Routes Asia 2013 in India, BAC vice-president, commercial and marketing, Mohammed Khalil said the team met a number of senior officials from internationally renowned aviation companies where the assets of Bahrain's aviation sector were showcased.
"The event was an ideal networking platform for us. We met representatives from international airlines and delivered a full brief about BIA services provided for airlines and passengers alike.
"The latest statistics on our key markets as well as destinations served were also presented, which provided the participants with a full picture about the business and investment opportunities available in Bahrain," he added.
"The visits confirm the importance of Asian markets to the local aviation industry.
"BIA caters to 38 international airlines, utilising the country's strategic location in the Arabian Gulf and linking between the East and the West."
Routes Asia 2013 brings together more than 500 key players in the airline and airport industry from Asia and Europe for strategic networking on air service development.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand