$200m revamp for Le Méridien hotels in MEA
Dubai, March 28, 2013
Starwood Hotels & Resorts has announced a major renovation programme of its Le Méridien hotels in the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Le Méridien and its ownership groups will invest more than $200 million in the renovations of 13 hotels and resorts in the MEA region over the next three years, a statement said.
The French-born brand has had a major presence in emerging Middle Eastern and African markets for more than 30 years, it said.
“Since acquiring Le Méridien in 2005, Starwood and its hotel ownership groups have made a tremendous effort to enhance and create a consistent portfolio around the world,” said Brian Povinelli, global brand leader, Le Méridien and Westin. “Le Méridien now boasts the best performance measures in brand history, and our focused efforts on the Middle East and Africa hotels will only help ensure Le Méridien maintains its best portfolio ever.”
Le Méridien recently announced 10 new hotel openings over the next year, an unprecedented number for the brand.
The 13 Le Méridien hotels and resorts completing or currently undergoing renovations include: Le Méridien Dubai; Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa (Dubai) ; Le Méridien Mina Seyahi (Dubai) ; Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi ; Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort (Fujairah) ; Le Méridien Jeddah; Le Méridien Al Khobar; Le Méridien Makkah; Le Méridien Heliopolis (Cairo); Le Méridien Re-Ndama (Libreville, Gabon); Le Méridien Mandji (Port Gentil, Gabon); Le Méridien Ile Maurice (Pointe Aux Piments, Mauritius) and Le Meridien Pyrmaids Hotels & Spa (Cairo).
Additionally, Le Méridien will this year add a new hotel in Egypt, where the brand currently operates four properties. Le Méridien Cairo Airport will open in September 2013. Located at Terminal 3, it will be the only hotel with direct access to Cairo International Airport terminals.
Le Méridien Cairo Airport will feature 350 guestrooms, a 24-hour restaurant, specialty restaurant, coffee bar, lobby bar, lounge, fitness center, and swimming pool. The hotel will have approximately 750 sq m of meeting space, including a business center, ballroom, and six meeting rooms, for a variety of business functions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard