BA marks Terminal 5 anniversary in Dubai
Dubai, March 28, 2013
British Airways (BA) celebrated London Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 5’s fifth birthday at the Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre in Dubai.
Paolo De Renzis, area commercial manager, Middle East and Central Asia, said the special event deserved to be celebrated with special people at the party in the centre.
“It’s great to celebrate the joy of Terminal 5’s birthday with children as they can truly understand the spirit of birthdays. We are as excited about the festivity as they are as Terminal 5 turning five is a huge milestone for British Airways, which is our home and a majority of our flights take off from there,” he said.
The children at the centre were excited with the shape of the cake, which was specially commissioned for this occasion and designed to look like a plane in British Airways livery and logo sitting on a bigger cake that was made to look like a runway.
“It’s wonderful that British Airways chose to celebrate Terminal 5’s fifth birthday at our centre with the children. It brings them great pleasure and they are thrilled especially when there’s a cake involved,” said Mariam Othman, centre director, Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre.
Terminal 5 is very popular with British Airways’ UAE customers for the excellent facilities that are available including the lounges, retail outlets for shopping and a wide variety of cafes and restaurants for either arrival in London or onward flights to Europe and North Atlantic. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers