Trial bike star launches Bahrain journey
Manama, March 27, 2013
Former Trial Bike world champion and Red Bull athlete Petr Kraus has embarked on a filmed journey in Bahrain.
Known for his precise and elegant style, Petr travels across the globe demonstrating his skills and participating in the biggest and most important freestyle events and initiatives. This time, he has set his eyes on Bahrain - Capital of Arab Tourism 2013, to film a short video that highlights Bahrain’s history, heritage, culture and its progress into the future.
Supported by the Bahrain Ministry of Culture, filming will take place in various locations around the island on March 27 and 28. This will include Unesco Heritage sites, old ports, fishermen villages, souks, and modern Bahrain. The final production is set for release in early April and will feature inspiring shots of Petr freestyling on various natural obstacles.
Kraus said: “I have been exploring cities and countries on my bike for years now and every country has its charms and magic; this will be my first filming project in the Middle East and I am looking forward to exploring what is so fascinating about Bahrain.”
Such production and filming projects are not new to Kraus who is passionate about traveling and exploration. In 2012, he was filmed for one month in Greenland where he travelled across the country with a filming crew capturing his exhilarating and precise trial biking moves. The short clip titled “Trial Biking in Greenland - Petr Kraus 2013” on YouTube has been viewed by more than 190,000 people around the world since its release on January 18.
This high quality Red Bull Media House Project is meant to inspire Trial Biking fans around the globe, shed the spotlight on some of the Island’s unique spots, and remind Bahrain residents of some of their best kept treasures, said a statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn