Etihad launches preferred partner program
Abu Dhabi, March 27, 2013
Etihad Airways has launched an innovative preferred partner program which will see the UAE’s national airline strengthen partnerships with key global and regional brands.
The partnership will be activated across the many touch points of the Etihad Airways passenger experience, on the ground and in the skies, said a statement.
These touch points include direct communications, etihad.com, the chauffeur service, check-in, lounges, as well as Etihad Airways’ in-flight publications and in-flight entertainment.
Rotana Hotels, the Preferred Regional Hotel Partner, joins Hertz, Preferred Car Rental Partner, and Sky News Arabia, Preferred Regional Media Partner, among Etihad Airways’ first partners within the program, it said.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “The Preferred Partner program is an attractive proposition for other like-minded brands looking for an opportunity to expand their own awareness and exposure.”
“Etihad Airways already has several partners on the Etihad Guest loyalty program which enjoy selective access to the airline’s communication assets and this is an exciting opportunity for those brands to expand their reach even further or for new brands to come on board.”
“The companies that will join Rotana, Hertz and Sky News Arabia, within the new program, will enjoy the benefits of exposure to millions of Etihad Airways customers,” he said.
Omer Kaddouri, Rotana’s executive vice president & chief operating officer, said: “Rotana has always worked very closely with Etihad Airways in promoting Abu Dhabi as a “preferred destination” across the world and we are pleased to make this partnership official and to support the program.
“We are both home grown companies expanding worldwide and the brand association makes perfect sense for us.”
Etihad is expected to appoint other partners in fields such as insurance, hospitality services and telecoms, the statement said. –TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China