Hilton opens 2nd hotel in Alexandria
Cairo, March 26, 2013
Hilton Hotels & Resorts, a major hospitality brand in the Middle East, announced the opening of the 158-room Hilton Alexandria Corniche following a major refurbishment programme.
The hotel represents the 19th upscale property in Egypt for Hilton Worldwide and its second in the city of Alexandria.
The rebranding programme covered many of the hotel’s public areas including bedrooms, restaurants as well as the exterior and hotel grounds.
Enhancements also incorporated state of the art in-room amenities combined with new stylish bedroom furnishings and guests at Hilton Alexandria Corniche will particularly welcome the introduction of complimentary Wi-Fi now offered throughout the hotel.
The renovation also included the hotel’s Royal Floor, which has been significantly upgraded and enhanced in classic baroque style.
Rob Palleschi, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said: “For over five decades, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been the hotel brand of choice for visitors to Egypt and I am proud and delighted our legacy continues as we officially open the stunning Hilton Alexandria Corniche in the vibrant and exciting community of Egypt’s second city.”
Hilton Alexandria Corniche enjoys a prime location in an exclusive district of Alexandria, on the Corniche and overlooking the beachfront and beyond to the Mediterranean Sea.
All hotel restaurants and bars offer spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea including La Gourmandise French Pastry & Tea Lounge: Club 35, one of the city’s more popular nightclub bars serving Asian-fusion cuisine; Lebanese restaurant, Sahar El-Layali; the hotel’s famous Cigar Bar and a poolside restaurant plus beach café.
Recreational facilities include a private beach, infinity swimming pool and fitness centre.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide, Middle East & Africa said: “Hilton Worldwide enjoys an enviable status as the foremost international hotel operator in Egypt and today’s opening further enhances our proud reputation.
“Hilton Alexandria Corniche perfectly complements our city based property, Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, and is a welcome addition to our growing, quality portfolio for Middle East & Africa.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas