Gulf Air ranked second in punctuality
Manama, March 19, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, has been ranked second among major global airlines for on-time-punctuality for the month of February.
The airline has also maintained the top position for its on-time-performance (OTP) as a full service carrier in the Middle East region, a statement said.
Statistics released by FlightStats Data, the industry leader in flight information services, revealed that Gulf Air has registered an on-time punctuality of 90.77 per cent for its flights arrival in February, it said.
Gulf Air acting chief executive officer Maher Salman Musallam said: “In today’s fast paced environment we recognise the value of time to our passengers whether they are travelling for business or pleasure. We have worked hard to deliver a consistently high level of on-time-performance and it’s rewarding to see our efforts paying off. We look forward to maintaining this excellent record and continuing to operate flights as scheduled, providing our customers with the highest levels of service.”
Gulf Air maintained its number one position among the Middle East full service airlines throughout last year and was ranked among top 10 global airlines for consistently maintaining its best flight punctuality in 2012. This is an important factor for customers, particularly time-conscious business passengers, who have to reach their destinations on-time to conduct their business transactions, the statement said.
FlightStats tracks over 150,000 flights per day, i.e. nearly 80 per cent of all scheduled passenger flights globally. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal