Saudia opens new office in Bahrain
Riyadh, March 16, 2013
Saudi Arabian Airlines, the kingdom's national carrier, has announced the opening of its new office in Bahrain as part of its regional expansion plan.
The new office is located on the 21st floor in the Platinum Tower near the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Seef District. It has a total area of 398 m and has been equipped with the latest technologies to provide booking and sales for services in addition to the airline management offices.
Saudia director general Ahmed Nema Ali inaugurated the new office at a colourful ceremony held in the presence of the several top company officials besides Gulf Air CEO Maher Salman Al Musallam and Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority authorities.
Commenting on the launch, Abdul Karim Al Rebean, Saudi Arabian Airlines general manager (Gulf & ME region) said it is aimed at making a quantum leap in the level of services "Saudi" provides to its customers.
"Through this strategic location with the well equipped offices that reflect the Airlines’ corporate image we look into bringing all departments under one roof in order to save the passenger and visitors’ time and efforts. It also offers modern and comfortable facilities in line with our strategy to upgrade our sales and reservations offices around the world," he stated.
Sami Rasheed, the manager of the new branch, said Saudia began its first flights to Bahrain in the sixties from Dhahran International Airport. It started operating fixed flights to and from Bahrain starting from 1971 with three scheduled flights per week and five weekly flights from Riyadh and Jeddah to Manama.
Currently the Saudi national carrier flies daily from Riyadh and operates 5 flights a week from Jeddah in both directions, remarked Rasheed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers