Rotana opens first hotel in Bahrain
Manama, March 14, 2013
Rotana, a leading hotel management company in the Middle East and Africa region, has announced the opening of its first property in Bahrain, Majestic Arjaan by Rotana, in the Muharraq area of the kingdom as part of its regional expansion strategy.
The Bahrain project is the company's 11th property under the ‘Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana’ brand, said the Rotana group in a statement.
Majestic Arjaan by Rotana is a first-class property, which has been developed with both short and long term guests in mind. It offers 128 well-designed suites including spacious studios, one, two and three bedrooms developed as duplexes, it added.
Commenting on the launch, Omer Kaddouri, the executive VP & chief operating officer of Rotana said, "This opening of Majestic Arjaan by Rotana represents an important achievement for us and a major milestone in our strategy to expand further in the Middle East and Africa region."
"This is our first property in Bahrain, a fascinating city with an attractive liberal lifestyle, a rich history and culture, with a strong demand for luxury hotels that offer world-class hospitality," he remarked.
The hotel, said Kaddouri, features the latest high-tech facilities including fully-equipped meeting rooms with the most up-to-date audio-visual equipment.
It also gives guests a chance to wind down and relax at any of the numerous leisure facilities that include an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool, a fully-fledged fitness centre, with steam and sauna rooms.
"Majestic Arjaan by Rotana also boasts of three specialized food and beverage venues to suit every guest’s palate and dining needs, which include: Ginger All Day Dining – offering international buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a la carte; Ginger Lounge - a lobby café offering a tempting array of mouth-watering delicacies, light snacks and fresh fruit cocktails in addition to a fine selection of freshly-baked pastry takeaways; and Aquarius - a casual dining experience by the pool complemented by hearty refreshments such as light snacks and fresh salads," he added.
A key appointment to the property includes Raiz Saban, a well-respected veteran of the hospitality industry with more than 22 years of experience in the business, as general manager.
He will lead a team of seasoned hotel professionals who are expected to play strategic roles in leading Majestic Arjaan by Rotana’s bid to capture a large share of business in Bahrain.
“The suites are designed to provide the ultimate experience in modern serviced living," remarked Saban.
"The diverse features in this property offer numerous benefits and advantages for short or long term stays, whether for business, leisure or home relocation. I am privileged to be part of the opening team for this magnificent property and my team and I will be working hand in hand to ensure all areas of the opening are perfected,” he added.
Rotana currently manages a portfolio of 85 properties throughout the Middle East & Africa. Besides Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana, the group boasts of Rotana Hotels & Resorts, Centro Hotels by Rotana and Rayhaan Hotels & Resorts by Rotana brands.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall