Henning A Fries
Al Habtoor appoints operations chief for hotels
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Dubai-based Al Habtoor Group has appointed Henning A Fries as Group director of operations for Habtoor Hotels effective immediately.
The position is a new role at the hotels division, as it continues to strive for excellence, a statement said.
Fries, a German-Canadian, has over 20 years of experience in the global hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America. He will be responsible for all owned and managed hotels both local and international - including hotels under development.
The Al Habtoor Group has three hotels in Dubai; the flagship Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa; The Metropolitan Palace Hotel and the Metropolitan Deira Hotel.
It is also currently developing the Habtoor Palace which will comprise of three hotels on Sheikh Zayed Road; Starwood’s The St. Regis, a Westin and a W Hotel; and the Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah on the Palm Island.
The Group’s international hotels include two in Lebanon; the Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and the Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand - and last year it added the historic Le Méridien Budapest to its portfolio.
Maan Halabi, executive director, Al Habtoor Group said, “We are very pleased to welcome Fries to the Group. He comes with a wealth of experience in the hospitality industry worldwide. I have no doubt he will be a great asset to the Group as we embark on our next chapter of growth.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments