Henning A Fries
Al Habtoor appoints operations chief for hotels
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Dubai-based Al Habtoor Group has appointed Henning A Fries as Group director of operations for Habtoor Hotels effective immediately.
The position is a new role at the hotels division, as it continues to strive for excellence, a statement said.
Fries, a German-Canadian, has over 20 years of experience in the global hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America. He will be responsible for all owned and managed hotels both local and international - including hotels under development.
The Al Habtoor Group has three hotels in Dubai; the flagship Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa; The Metropolitan Palace Hotel and the Metropolitan Deira Hotel.
It is also currently developing the Habtoor Palace which will comprise of three hotels on Sheikh Zayed Road; Starwood’s The St. Regis, a Westin and a W Hotel; and the Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah on the Palm Island.
The Group’s international hotels include two in Lebanon; the Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and the Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand - and last year it added the historic Le Méridien Budapest to its portfolio.
Maan Halabi, executive director, Al Habtoor Group said, “We are very pleased to welcome Fries to the Group. He comes with a wealth of experience in the hospitality industry worldwide. I have no doubt he will be a great asset to the Group as we embark on our next chapter of growth.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project