Henning A Fries
Al Habtoor appoints operations chief for hotels
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Dubai-based Al Habtoor Group has appointed Henning A Fries as Group director of operations for Habtoor Hotels effective immediately.
The position is a new role at the hotels division, as it continues to strive for excellence, a statement said.
Fries, a German-Canadian, has over 20 years of experience in the global hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America. He will be responsible for all owned and managed hotels both local and international - including hotels under development.
The Al Habtoor Group has three hotels in Dubai; the flagship Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa; The Metropolitan Palace Hotel and the Metropolitan Deira Hotel.
It is also currently developing the Habtoor Palace which will comprise of three hotels on Sheikh Zayed Road; Starwood’s The St. Regis, a Westin and a W Hotel; and the Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah on the Palm Island.
The Group’s international hotels include two in Lebanon; the Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and the Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand - and last year it added the historic Le Méridien Budapest to its portfolio.
Maan Halabi, executive director, Al Habtoor Group said, “We are very pleased to welcome Fries to the Group. He comes with a wealth of experience in the hospitality industry worldwide. I have no doubt he will be a great asset to the Group as we embark on our next chapter of growth.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall