Abu Dhabi wins double honours at ITB
Abu Dhabi, March 10, 2013
Abu Dhabi marked its record-breaking appearance at the ongoing ITB Berlin travel trade fair by scooping double honours in the Cologne Business School show awards.
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which mounted a pavilion shared by 63 stakeholders, took the award for ‘Best Exhibit and Attractions’ recognising the cultural attractions of a calligraphy, henna design and perfumery which proved popular with visitors.
The authority then went on to take the blue-ribbon award of ‘Best of The Best’ after being judged to top all award-winners.
The awards followed a survey of all stands at the show by students from the Cologne Business School which ranked the pavilions on quality of stand construction, information content, service quality as well as friendliness and special effects.
The awards were received on Abu Dhabi’s behalf by TCA Abu Dhabi’s International Promotions executive Anoud Al Khalifa and Mariam Al Shamsi a UAE student who assisted with the perfumery activity at the pavilion.
“It all came as something as a surprise to us as the visit by the assessing students was carried out without us knowing. It is all quite gratifying to know that they were extremely well received, as we hope all our visitors are,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director Promotions & Overseas Offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“The evening came to a climax when our two Emirati girls went up to receive the awards and were given a standing ovation by a packed audience.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn