India's Jet Airways soars on Etihad deal reports
New Delhi, March 8, 2013
Shares in India's Jet Airways extended gains to more than 13 per cent on Friday, after CNBC TV18 reported that Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways may buy a 10-12 per cent stake in the company directly from promoters.
Etihad may pay as much as Rs750 ($13.75) a share for the stake, the report said.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 per cent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
The channel said Etihad may buy the remaining stake by issuing preferential shares.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route