India's Jet Airways soars on Etihad deal reports
New Delhi, March 8, 2013
Shares in India's Jet Airways extended gains to more than 13 per cent on Friday, after CNBC TV18 reported that Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways may buy a 10-12 per cent stake in the company directly from promoters.
Etihad may pay as much as Rs750 ($13.75) a share for the stake, the report said.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 per cent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
The channel said Etihad may buy the remaining stake by issuing preferential shares.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement