Gulf Air goes ahead with redundancy plan
Manama, March 3, 2013
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air has officially notified staff facing redundancy about its plan to proceed with the decision, effective from Wednesday, as part of the company’s restructuring scheme.
It has set Wednesday as the deadline for staff to inform whether they have accepted the airline’s payout package proposed last week, according to a report in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
As part of the package, employees will be entitled to one month’s salary for each year of service and three months’ salary in addition to compensation for the waiting period. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest