Gulf Air goes ahead with redundancy plan
Manama, March 3, 2013
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air has officially notified staff facing redundancy about its plan to proceed with the decision, effective from Wednesday, as part of the company’s restructuring scheme.
It has set Wednesday as the deadline for staff to inform whether they have accepted the airline’s payout package proposed last week, according to a report in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
As part of the package, employees will be entitled to one month’s salary for each year of service and three months’ salary in addition to compensation for the waiting period. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand