Philippines airline plans Bahrain route
Manama, February 25, 2013
Philippines Airlines, the flag carrier of the country, is eyeing Bahrain as a possible destination, a report said.
The airline is studying the possibility of flying here as they are trying to cash in on the gap left by Bahrain's national carrier, according to sources quoted in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News (GDN).
Gulf Air cut down and reduced flight frequencies to several of its destinations, including those to the Philippines, as part of its restructuring strategy.
"Nothing is final and nothing has been decided but the airline is studying the possibility of flying routes to Bahrain," they told the GDN.
"There has been a reduction in the flight numbers coming and going from Bahrain to Philippines and if the flights stop, the possibility will become very real.
"Bahrain is being looked at closely, but the studies have to be competed first."
The GDN had reported that in a bid to cut costs Gulf Air chose to limit operations in some countries and has cut its operations in Entebbe, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Colombo and Geneva.
The airline also plans to stop fights to Athens, Milan and Kala Lumpur by the end of March. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog