RJ to start Algiers flights on Feb 25
Amman, February 24, 2013
Royal Jordanian Airlines will start regular direct services to the Algerian capital, Algiers, on February 25, thus connecting Jordan and Algeria for the first time since the company’s establishment 50 years ago.
RJ President/CEO Amer Hadidi said there will be two weekly flights between Amman and Algiers, on Mondays and Wednesdays. As of April 1, the airline will add a third flight, on Thursdays.
The Algiers route will see active traffic to the Kingdom from medical tourists. Jordan is fast becoming a very attractive destination for medical tourism in the region.
He stressed that connecting Amman with Algiers through a direct scheduled service is bound to boost tourism in both countries, and also develop economic relations.
Hadidi added that this route will feed other RJ routes in the region, particularly Jeddah and Medina, when Algerian passengers will transit via Amman to conduct Umrah and Haj in Saudi Arabia. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers