St Regis wins Gulf Connoisseur award
Doha, February 24, 2013
The St Regis Doha has won the Gulf Connoisseur award for the “Best Hotel and Resort in the Luxury Sector in the Middle East” at a glittering ceremony held in Dubai.
The award is the latest in a run of major awards presented to Qatar’s leading luxury hotel, which has received international recognition since opening in 2012, a statement from St Regis said.
At the 10th Gulf Connoisseur Awards, attended by VIPs and international guests, the judges cited the hotel’s spacious rooms, signature butler service, magnificent private beach, restaurants staffed by top chefs, and the first-ever Jazz at Lincoln Center venue outside of the US as reasons for the award.
Tareq Derbas, general manager, The St Regis Doha, said: “We are delighted to win Gulf Connoisseur’s award for the ‘Best Hotel and Resort in the Luxury Sector in the Middle East.’ This award reflects the incredible feedback we have received from our guests, and rewards our team for their ongoing efforts to offer the best experience. We invite guests from around the world to visit the finest address in Doha, to see our incredible facilities for themselves.”
The award follows the hotel’s success at the global World Travel Awards in December 2012, when it was named the “World’s Leading New Hotel,” and the earlier regional 2012 World Travel Awards when it was named “Qatar’s Leading New Hotel” and the “Middle East’s Leading New Hotel.”
Since officially opening on March 31, 2012, the hotel has welcomed thousands of guests who have enjoyed 10 dining destinations, the Remède Spa, and the first international branch of Jazz at Lincoln Center.
In the run-up to its first anniversary, the hotel is offering incredible weekend and family packages, to enable more people to enjoy the atmosphere and luxury of The St Regis Doha.
Gulf Connoisseur is one of the Gulf’s premier lifestyle magazines for the affluent. The magazine includes interviews and profiles of influential people in the Gulf and around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region