Etihad set to switch to new system
Abu Dhabi, February 21, 2013
Etihad Airways will make its ‘Big Switch’ to new passenger sales, website, and check-in systems this weekend.
The airline has asked passengers to follow key guidelines between February 22 and 25 to help ensure any disruption to their travel experience is kept to a minimum.
It said all booking channels will be down from 11 pm on February 22 (Friday) and they are expected to resume during the day on February 24 (Sunday).
Customers travelling during that period have been advised to:
• Arrive at the airport four hours before the flight is due to depart
• Where possible check-in online from 24 hours before departure and print boarding pass beforehand and bring to the airport
• If unable to check-in online bring a copy of email confirmation and / or travel itinerary
During the “Big Switch” weekend customers can still call the Etihad Airways contact centres on +971 2 599 0000 but contact centre agents will be unable to take commercial or redemption bookings, make changes or cancellations or process upgrades, a statement said.
It said all booking channels will be down from 11 pm on February 22 (Friday) and they are expected to resume during the day on February 24 (Sunday), it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria