Dubai to host big line-up of events in March
Dubai, February 21, 2013
Dubai is gearing up to roll out the red carpet to visitors from around the world in March by providing a long line-up of activities and events under the slogan March happens here!
Visitors will be spoilt for choice in terms of entertainment with Dubai Calendar, the official listing of events in the emirate that is developed and managed by Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment, putting together a line-up of 13 featured events for March, in addition to the numerous other activities that will take place across the city, said a sattement.
The Dubai World Cup, the world’s richest horse race on March 30, will provide horse racing enthusiasts the opportunity to see the world’s best jockeys saddling up to vie for the top title.
A fabulous treat awaits polo fans at the on-going Dubai Polo Gold Cup, featuring the world's best polo teams and players. This premier polo competition concludes on March 15.
Dubai’s entertainment circuit will come alive once again with a show by Egyptian pop star Mohamed Mounir on March 15, followed by a performance on March 21 by Spanish superstar, Julio Iglesias. For Bollywood fans there will be the Mirchi Bollywood Rocks event on March 8, with performances by Sunidhi Chauhan and Shankar Ehsaan Loy, for the very first time in Dubai.
The prestigious Emirates Airline Festival of Literature will be held from March 5-9, bringing people of all ages and backgrounds together with authors from across the world. For lovers of art, three unique art events will come under the umbrella of the popular Art Week from March 14-24, while visitors can also savour world-class theatre including the legendary musical Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat from March 29 March to April 13.
The Dubai International Boat Show will be held from March 5-9; Taste of Dubai, the annual restaurant, food and drink festival from March 14-16; and the Twins Plus Festival on March 22 , the only event of its kind in the region that brings together twins, triplets and more from across the region.
The Gulf Photo Plus 2013 exhibition, from March 1-8, is the region's biggest and only photography festival, while another community event slated for the month is the Kids Fest event catering to children of all ages from March 8-9.
The complete listing and more information is available at www.dubaicalendar.com - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn