AirAsia X’s debut flight to Jeddah takes off
Sepang (Malaysia), February 16, 2013
AirAsia X, a leading long-haul, low-fare airline and affiliate of the AirAsia Group, on Saturday celebrated its inaugural flight to Jeddah from Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur as part of its efforts to promote te Saudi city as the gateway to Makkah and Madinah.
The flight, D7 174, took off from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) at Kuala Lumpur at 4.30pm with 100 per cent passenger load. The flight is bound to arrive at King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Jeddah at 9pm, said a statement from the airline.
To mark the inaugural flight, AirAsia X treated the public at LCCT with kurma giveaways. The guests flying on the debut flight were showered with goodies by AirAsia X’s employees dressed in Arabic attire at the departure hall.
AirAsia X will fly to Jeddah thrice a week which will be increased to four from May onwards, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley