Rotana to manage new Muscat hotel
Muscat, February 13, 2013
Sundus Investments Projects, a pioneer in mixed-use development in the Middle East, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Rotana Hotel Management Company to develop a four-star property in Muscat.
The Sundus Rotana by Rotana Hotels & Resorts is a unique hospitality complex taking shape at Airport Heights in Bousher, Muscat, said a statement.
The property comes as part of Sundus Investments Projects’ ambition to shape a series of developments that will significantly complement the hospitality landscape in the region. Located in close proximity to the international airport and the city, Sundus Rotana is scheduled for completion in the first quarter of 2015.
Mohammed Mahfood Saad Al Ardhi, chairman of Sundus Investments Projects, said: “In a growing economy such as Oman, tourism is an emerging sector requiring huge Investments. Our decision to venture into a hospitality project was backed by our confidence in the leadership of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos and the overwhelming support we continue to receive from government departments. Once the project was identified, choosing an operator was easy.
“Rotana, as a brand, is synonymous with uncompromising world-class standards. This reflects the vision we share for Sundus Rotana - ensuring excellence, convenience and perfection in every detail. We are proud that the leading hotel operator in the region has become integral to that very ambition.”
Sundus Rotana will merge contemporary lines with Omani traditional architecture. The interior will reflect modern overtones, with a dominant palette of desert colours. Aiming to redefine the benchmark for hospitality properties in Muscat, the facility is anticipated to draw significant footfall with its eclectic offerings for both the corporate and leisure guest, it said.
Selim El Zyr, president and CEO of Rotana, said: “Sundus Rotana Hotel will serve as a one stop destination for visitors to Muscat, drawing in people from all over the region to witness the splendour that is characteristic of the city. With 245 rooms to cater to guests, we are proud to partner with Sundus Investments Projects and their promoters.
“Sundus Rotana by Rotana Hotels is the first property to open in Muscat and our 71 in the region under the Rotana Hotels & Resorts by Rotana brand, which is set for incredible growth in the upcoming years,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador