Emirates appoints new manager for Algeria
Dubai, February 12, 2013
Emirates, one of the world's fastest-growing airlines, has appointed Husain Alsafi as country manager for Algeria to support the airline's operation to the capital city, Algiers, from March 1.
In his new position, Alsafi will be responsible for Emirates’ business operations in Algeria overseeing sales and service functions for the airline's passenger, cargo and airport operations, reporting directly to Jean Luc Grillet, Emirates’ senior vice president commercial operations for Africa.
“Husain Alsafi has proven capabilities and experience. He has been a loyal and dedicated Emirates employee for nearly six years and has consistently proven his ability to maximize company revenue and surpass goals,” said Jean Luc Grillet, Emirates’ senior vice president commercial operations for Africa. “I am confident he will bring great success to our operations in Algeria.”
Alsafi holds bachelor degree in Engineering Management from the Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE. In 2007, Al Safi joined Emirates as a commercial trainee and was appointed country manager for Bangladesh in 2009 and a year later for Yemen.
Beginning March 1, EK 757 will depart Dubai daily at 0845hrs and arrive at Houari Boumediene Airport at 1330hrs. The return flight, EK 758, departs Algiers at 1535hrs and lands in Dubai at 0055hrs the next day. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct