Jordan airport terminal launch on March 21
Amman, February 9, 2013
Airport International Group (AIG), the international consortium responsible for the development and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA), said the new terminal will officially start its operation on March 21.
A consortium led by Abu Dhabi-owned Invest AD and Kuwait's Noor Financial Investment Company, AIG said QAIA is one of the most important Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the history of Jordan.
The AIG had been awarded a 25-year build-operate-transfer (BoT) concession by the Jordanian government in 2007. With the opening of the new terminal, the airport will be able to handle nearly 9 million passengers a year.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Jordan |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline