RAK opens new sailing academy
Ras Al Khaimah, February 7, 2013
Ras Al Khaimah has launched its first sailing academy at the Al Hamra Marina and Yacht club which will host a variety of sailing classes across all age groups and conduct competitions.
Set up by Italy’s well known Malingri di Bagnolo family, the RAK Sailing Academy is well equipped with a dinghy, catamaran, and fix keel sailing boats for juniors and seniors.
The mast on the academy was officially raised with the beginning of the New Year. It is set to host a variety of sailing classes across all age groups and also indulge in competitions during favourable weather conditions.
The academy's sailing program is divided into two main categories, namely dinghy and keel boats.
Each category has a different set of progressive courses, which aims to help increase student experience over time. Sailing classes are divided into different ages and skill sets. At the facility people will be able to rent different types of sailing boats either for relaxation or for training courses.
Claudio Schettino, the marina manager at Al Hamra Marina & Yacht Club said, “The academy will encourage those with a passion for sailing and the open seas. The classes are designed to be educational and fun, and with mentors like Enrico, Franco Malingri, Matteo Bassan and John Curran, members are bound to enjoy every moment of being here."
"The Al Hamra Marina and Yacht Club is the perfect weekend destination for travelers, world sailing pioneers, boat owners and berthing yachts. The sailing academy will now add a further enriching experience," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers