Travelport inks online travel training deal
Dubai, January 29, 2013
Travelport, the business services provider to the global travel industry, has announced a significant new reseller relationship with OTT Group that will see the company become an official retailer of Travelport’s latest GDS training modules in the Middle East and Africa.
One of the world’s largest resources for online travel training, OTT currently has over 70,000 registered members worldwide.
The new reseller agreement makes the latest online GDS courses more accessible to travel trade and general public in the Middle East and Africa, said a statement from Travelport.
The ageement, together with Travelport Academy –Travelport’s recently launched online travel training portal – will enable OTT provide up-to-date and relevant training on Travelport’s core GDS systems to both travel industry professionals, it added.
Commenting on the deal, Rabih Saab, the president and managing director, Travelport, Middle East and Africa, said: "We know there is growing demand for more online, self-paced GDS training and the Online Travel Training Group has a superb track record of retailing such courses."
"By teaming up with Travelport Academy, OTT now has the opportunity to retail the most up-to-date GDS training modules to existing and future travel agents in the Middle East and Africa," he stated.
“We are thrilled to be working in close collaboration with Travelport to offer their latest GDS training to both existing and new members across the globe,” remarked Bruce Martin, the operations director for OTT.
“Through the Travelport Academy programme, modules of differing levels are on offer meaning there’s something to suit both industry professionals wishing to brush up on their skills as well as beginner modules for those wishing to start a new career in travel,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas