Reed launches new Airport Leaders’ event
Dubai, January 27, 2013
Reed Exhibitions has announced the launch of the Global Airport Leaders’ Forum (Galf) in Dubai, which aims to become a leading platform for airport leaders to address global challenges and encourage cross-border partnerships.
Galf will act as an industry meeting to generate solutions that can help airport CEOs, decision-makers and experts from around the world to overcome their common challenges, a statement from the company said.
It is set to be held from May 7 to 8 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, collocated with the 13th Airport Show.
A supreme committee has been formed to guide and oversee the forum chaired by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, with heads of Dubai Aviation City Corporation, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Dubai Airports, Emirates Airline Group, dnata, Dubai World Trade Centre and Reed Exhibitions as members.
“The aviation sector represents one of the region’s main economic pillars and billion-dollar investments aimed at developing the airports and air carriers across the GCC will strengthen the region’s presence on the international air transport map,” Sheikh Ahmed said. “This forum will enable decision makers to convene in one venue to share airport industry updates, as well as identify future challenges.”
Anita Mehra, vice-president, marketing and corporate communications, Dubai Airports, and coordinator of the supreme committee, said: "Galf will be an ideal platform for experts and officials to address important matters such as policy development, sustainability, deliverance of stakeholder value and other issues relevant to the airport sector. This forum is also sure to further boost the record of Dubai in hosting spectacular conferences and exhibitions.”
Daniyal Qureshi, event director at Reed Exhibitions Middle East, organisers of the Airport Show in Dubai, said: “The airports sector is a strategic economic sector and this event, which combines an innovative exhibition and an international forum in one venue, offers a unique opportunity for decision makers to review best practices, upgrade their performance, and increase their effectiveness in making air-travel a remarkable experience for passengers.”
“The Airport Show has always supported the airport industry in the region and enabled decision makers to review the most modern techniques and equipment,” he added. “The Global Airport Leaders’ Forum will create remarkable momentum for the show and the airports sector as a whole.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador