Etihad cabin crew win inflight sales award
Abu Dhabi, January 23, 2013
Two cabin crew of UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways have won the Gold Team Award for ‘Maximising Sales Techniques’ at the 2013 Inflight Sales Person of the Year (ISPY2013) in London.
Food and Beverage manager Claudette Khamiss and cabin senior John Poladian formed the Etihad Airways team and competed against 40 other teams from 33 of the world’s most prominent airlines.
The ISPY Awards are held annually in the UK and bring together the world’s top inflight sales cabin crew members, as well as airline suppliers, buyers and crew management. The crew members take part in inflight duty free training which is followed by exams and assessments to qualify for awards.
Aubrey Tiedt, Etihad Airways’ vice president Guest Services, said: “The ISPY Awards recognise and honour the world’s greatest selling cabin crew and we are delighted that our Food and Beverage manager Claudette Khamiss, and cabin senior John Poladian, won the gold team award. To win against 33 leading international carriers and European charter airlines is an outstanding achievement.”
“The role of cabin crew is critical in driving inflight duty free sales. Together with the Etihad Duty Free department, we provide our cabin crew with extensive training to enhance their selling techniques and product knowledge and we offer a worthwhile incentive scheme to continuously reward our cabin crew and keep them motivated,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief