Transguard appoints corporate team members
Dubai, January 22, 2013
The Transguard Group, an Emirates Group company, has announced the appointment of Danica Al Kharfan as strategic development director and Jamie Wilks as business development director.
The appointments come at a time when demand for outsourcing in the UAE is estimated to grow by 10 per cent annually and the regional FM industry is forecast to grow to $9 billion by 2014, according to business consulting firm Frost & Sullivan.
Al Kharfan takes on a group-wide role with the remit to develop long-term strategic partnerships with targeted business groups and companies across the Middle East, while Wilks is responsible for growing the facilities management (FM) and manpower outsourcing business, a statement from the company said.
“Strategic business development is the lifeblood of any successful company especially a multi-faceted facilities management group with 16,000 employees. Transguard aims to be aggressive this year in pursuit of its medium and long-term strategic goals, especially building the outsourcing business and identifying new markets within the FM sector,” said Geoff Shewry, deputy managing director, Transguard Group.
“Al Kharfan and Wilks will both play an integral role in developing Transguard’s new business strategy by identifying and securing additional revenue streams and fostering successful and sustainable customer relationships,” he added.
With a highly successful background in international hospitality, Al Kharfan joins Transguard Group from Signature Clubs International in Bahrain and Dubai, where she spent three years as corporate director of membership and marketing; following on from similar high profile roles with Club Corporation of America, Ritz-Carlton Hotels and the Cleveland Museum of Art.
British national, Wilks began his career in the IT & telecommunications sector, 17 years ago, before branching out for over a decade into professional recruitment, where he established and developed several successful businesses in both the UK and Middle East, the statement said. His industry expertise covers real estate and construction, FM, and the FMCG and ICT sectors, with a recent focus on developing the UAE outsourcing market.
Transguard is an outsource market leader providing skilled and semi-skilled workforces for organisations across the region. With the launch of Transguard Themis, in June last year, Transguard’s capability was extended into white collar roles, filling a large and pre-identified market niche.
“Wilks’ role perfectly complements Danica’s strategic focus, and their experience and respective skills will add a new dimension to our team, ensuring that Transguard grows its market share in what experts believe is an industry displaying healthy, sustainable double-digit growth,” Shewry concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers