Etihad to ply additional flights for GCC game
Abu Dhabi, January 17, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced it will operate at least three extra flights to carry football fans to Bahrain on January 18 to support the UAE national football team.
UAE, which beat Kuwait in the semi-finals, will play against Iraq in the final game of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship, set to take place in the Kingdom.
Etihad Airways will offer over 250 seats from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain and 380 seats out of Bahrain back Abu Dhabi, a statement from the airline company said.
Etihad Airways operates four scheduled flights daily to Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office