Areka expands into MEA with Dubai office
Paris, January 16, 2013
Areka Consulting has opened for business in Dubai, bringing independent travel management consulting services to corporate clients throughout the Middle East and Africa in addition to other markets worldwide.
Michel Oulevay, a senior travel management professional, will coordinate end‐to‐end local, regional and global programmes for clients as Areka’s new director of Consulting, MEA.
“Michel’s appointment is a great start to the year for our newest clients in the Middle east and Africa,” said Pascal Jungfer, CEO of Areka Consulting.
“His understanding of the specific issues companies face in the region and worldwide is enormously valuable in empowering companies to get the most from their travel programs, and he fits perfectly into our global team of senior travel management experts.
“Our strategy is to be geographically close to our clients wherever they are in the world, since a keen knowledge of local markets is essential to providing the most relevant support.
Created in 2010 by four partners in Paris and Sydney, the fast-growing company is present in seven cities worldwide (adding Brussels, London, New York, Zurich and now Dubai) through a global team of senior travel management consultants, each offering outstanding global experience combined with an intimate knowledge of specific local markets.
Michel Oulevay brings an extensive track record in sales, multinational program and supplier management (airlines, travel management companies and global distribution systems), gained from more than 25 years with leading names such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Swissair and Travelport.
Based in Dubai since 2006, Michel has also worked and lived in France, Germany, Senegal, Switzerland and the UK. He speaks English, French, German and Italian.
“I’m delighted to be joining Areka Consulting at a time when there are so many opportunities for companies in the Middle East and Africa to make big savings and do more for their travelers within their budgets.
Clients in the region can request Areka’s customized services across all areas of business travel, including program audits, sourcing (air, hotel, agency and online booking tool providers), travel policy, implementation and reporting. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall