Etihad flies GCC Soccer supporters to Bahrain
Abu Dhabi, January 15, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, in conjunction with the UAE Football Federation, today carried hundreds of supporters attending the semi-finals of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship being held in Bahrain.
This comes following directives by the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan to allocate airplanes to carry football fans to the Kingdom, a statement from the airline company said.
Passengers flew from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project