Etihad flies GCC Soccer supporters to Bahrain
Abu Dhabi, January 15, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, in conjunction with the UAE Football Federation, today carried hundreds of supporters attending the semi-finals of the 21st GCC Soccer Cup Championship being held in Bahrain.
This comes following directives by the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan to allocate airplanes to carry football fans to the Kingdom, a statement from the airline company said.
Passengers flew from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project