St Regis Doha names new sales director
Doha, January 15, 2013
The St Regis Doha, recently named ‘World’s Leading New Hotel’ at the World Travel Awards, has appointed Amin Al Huneidi as director of sales, to provide greater focus and support for corporate and government clients.
With 13 years of sales experience in leading luxury hotels in Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the UAE, Al Huneidi will be responsible for focusing on the corporate and government sector across the GCC. He will lead a team that will develop a broad range of services and special packages for corporate clients.
Al Huneidi joins The St Regis Doha from Al Sondos Suites and Dar Al Sondos Hotel Apartments by Le Meridien in Dubai where he held the position of director of sales and marketing. He joined Starwood Hotels & Resorts in 2002 as sales Manager at the Sheraton Amman, a statement from the hotel said.
“I am very excited to be joining The St Regis Doha family. The St. Regis Doha is becoming an iconic presence on the regional hospitality sector, with many leading companies and government organisations looking to host their events here,” Al Huneidi said. “Together with the rest of the team, I will make sure we are providing them with the high level of service and support that people have come to expect from The St Regis Doha.”
Since officially opening last year, the hotel has welcomed thousands of guests, who have enjoyed the hotel’s 10 dining destinations, the Remède Spa, and the first international branch of Jazz at Lincoln Center, which showcases the best in live entertainment in the Middle East.
The hotel has drawn international acclaim since it opened in March 2012, and welcomed guests from around the world, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class