Frédéric Huynh Quan Dat
Etihad names new GM for Vietnam
Abu Dhabi, January 8, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has appointed Frédéric Huynh Quan Dat as its new general manager for Vietnam.
He is based in Ho Chi Minh City, the commercial capital of Vietnam, to which the Abu Dhabi-based airline will commence daily Airbus A330-200 passenger and cargo flights in October.
Huynh has more than 13 years’ experience in the airline industry. He began his aviation career in 1999 as an analyst with Air France, based in New York.
Immediately prior to joining Etihad Airways, he was Air France KLM’s manager for International and Netherlands corporate policy.
He is has a master’s degree in the Science of Management from ICN Graduate School of Business in Nancy, France.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: “We are delighted to have an industry professional of Frédéric’s standing joining the airline in such an important role.
“His aviation experience, background, and familiarity with the UAE will be hugely beneficial to the airline – to establish our presence in Vietnam and to deliver a sustainably profitable operation over time.
“Ho Chi Minh City is Etihad Airways’ sixth online destination within the ASEAN region, joining Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Singapore, and one of the most exciting additions to the airline’s global network in 2013.
“The new Ho Chi Minh City service, in conjunction with our partner airlines, will extend Etihad Airways’ ASEAN network reach to a total of 21 destinations.
“We are confident the Vietnam route will become one of the airline’s top performers with Frédéric at the helm,” Baumgartner added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport