Etihad flies record 33,802 passengers in 1 day
Abu Dhabi, January 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has announced that it has set a new record for the number of passengers carried across its worldwide network in a single day, flying 33,802 passengers compared to the 33,766 last year.
Etihad Airways capped an impressive festive holiday season with January 3 and 4, 2013, also entering the airline’s top 10 ranking for busiest ever days, with 32,622 and 32,918 flying each day respectively.
Two dates in January have also entered Etihad Airways’ top 10 for highest ever load factors. Flights across the airline’s network were 89.2 per cent full on January 5 (#4 in the top 10) and 88.1 per cent full on January 4 (#9 in the top 10).
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ president and chief executive, said: “It has been a busy start to 2013 for Etihad Airways and it is highly satisfying to beat our previous record for passengers carried in a single day.”
Last week Etihad Airways announced it had flown total of 10.29 million passengers in 2012, an increase of 1.88 million from 2011.
“Etihad Airways carried record numbers of passengers in 2012, was voted World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for an unprecedented fourth consecutive year. Our challenge is to build on these achievements during the coming 12 months,” Hogan concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn