Etihad flies record 33,802 passengers in 1 day
Abu Dhabi, January 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has announced that it has set a new record for the number of passengers carried across its worldwide network in a single day, flying 33,802 passengers compared to the 33,766 last year.
Etihad Airways capped an impressive festive holiday season with January 3 and 4, 2013, also entering the airline’s top 10 ranking for busiest ever days, with 32,622 and 32,918 flying each day respectively.
Two dates in January have also entered Etihad Airways’ top 10 for highest ever load factors. Flights across the airline’s network were 89.2 per cent full on January 5 (#4 in the top 10) and 88.1 per cent full on January 4 (#9 in the top 10).
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ president and chief executive, said: “It has been a busy start to 2013 for Etihad Airways and it is highly satisfying to beat our previous record for passengers carried in a single day.”
Last week Etihad Airways announced it had flown total of 10.29 million passengers in 2012, an increase of 1.88 million from 2011.
“Etihad Airways carried record numbers of passengers in 2012, was voted World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for an unprecedented fourth consecutive year. Our challenge is to build on these achievements during the coming 12 months,” Hogan concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria