Jet Airways ‘favourite for Etihad investment’
New Delhi, January 2, 2013
India's Jet Airways is the front-runner for an investment by UAE national carrier Etihad Airways, a senior Indian government source told reporters on Wednesday, adding a deal was likely in 10 days.
Etihad Airways, seeking to widen operations in India and other Asian markets, is in the final stages of talks to buy part of either Jet Airways or grounded rival Kingfisher Airlines , an Indian government official had said on Dec. 17. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline