Dubai New Year’s Eve gala to draw one million
Dubai, December 30, 2012
More than a million visitors are expected to take part in Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve celebrations featuring unmatched fireworks, light show, dazzling lake performance and live orchestra.
Hosted by Emaar Properties, the Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve Gala will flag off in the evening with a cultural showcase of brilliantly choreographed music and dance performances.
Music aficionados are in for a special treat with a live performance by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, one of Europe’s leading music ensembles.
The world-renowned musicians will perform at Burj Steps, overlooking Burj Khalifa, transporting audiences to the nuanced world of classical music maestros.
The Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve Gala will also be highlighted by the first of its kind show on the Burj Lake.
Choreographed live, the show will have three distinct elements – light, water and fire – and glitzy projections on a huge 210 metre long screen, in addition to live telecast to over 2 billion viewers, and simultaneous streaming online at mydowntowndubai.com .
The cultural showcase for the evening will be a true reflection of Dubai’s cosmopolitan outlook while celebrating the richness of the Arabian heritage.
Live dance and artistic performances marked for their visual richness, and a video montage that underlines UAE’s multicultural diversity and iconic accomplishments will set the stage for the majestic finale – the dazzling fireworks atop Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
Synced to live orchestral music, a feat never before attempted, the iconic fireworks display will envelope the tower in a rich wash of colours. Several new fireworks sequences will be created this year.
Ahmad Al Matrooshi, managing director, Emaar Properties, said: “Every year when we plan the festivities for New Year we set ourselves an ambitious target – to make it the most watched spectacle on Earth. This year, we have the largest array of events – all scaled up in terms of creative excellence and artistic brilliance.
“Apart from the spectacular shows, the Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve Gala is also about celebrating the tremendous achievements of the UAE and Dubai, our people and our cultural diversity, in a befitting homage which salutes the success that Dubai has won as a global city.
“We want every resident and visitor to feel pride in being part of this vibrant city and to be exhilarated by their experience taking with them memories they can cherish lifelong. The spectacularly executed event will put the spotlight on Dubai underlining the city’s credentials as the world’s must-visit destination this New Year’s Eve.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers