Gulf Air, Qatar Airways win Saudi licence
Riyadh, December 29, 2012
Saudi Arabia’s General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) has awarded carrier licences to Gulf Air and Qatar Airways – the first foreign airlines to win such a licence in the kingdom, the Saudi state news agency SPA reported yesterday.
The licence, which 14 companies had applied for, is to operate both local and international flights, GACA has previously said.
Until now only the national carrier Saudi Airlines and budget airline National Air Services have serviced a domestic market of around 27 million people.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director