Air Arabia takes delivery of sixth A320
Sharjah, December 26, 2012
Air Arabia, a leading low cost carrier in the Mena region, announced today that it has taken delivery of its sixth Airbus A320 aircraft in 2012.
The carrier took delivery of the plane at the Airbus facility in Toulouse, France, and the new aircraft has gone straight into service across Air Arabia’s network of 82 destinations.
Air Arabia has now received 14 of the 44 A320 aircraft it has ordered from Airbus in 2007. The delivery of the 44 new aircraft will be completed by 2016, and will more than double the size of Air Arabia’s fleet.
“The delivery of our sixth aircraft in 2012 is a great way to end the year,” said Adel Ali, group chief executive office at Air Arabia.
“Our modern and reliable aircraft enable us to combine superb value for money fares with operational excellence. As we continue to unlock opportunities for the low-cost model in the wider Arab region, we look forward to the delivery of six new aircraft in 2013.”
The world’s best selling commercial jetliner ever, the A320 Family includes the A318, A319, A320 and A321 and is recognised as the benchmark single-aisle aircraft family, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa