Dubai Mall aquarium to display tropical species
Dubai, December 20, 2012
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo in The Dubai Mall will showcase a colourful array of tropical fish in a new exhibit opening today.
The exhibit with the Paradise Island theme will run up to February 5 with exotic species on display including Clown Fish, magical Seahorses, Long Spine Porcupine Fish and Lion Fish, among others.
An interactive promotion will offer visitors the opportunity to win an exotic three night family holiday, with flights and accommodation, for four people to the Maldives, home to stunning coral reefs, turquoise waters and the tropical fish displayed in Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo.
To enter the grand prize draw, families can complete and submit the coupon that is part of an informative free booklet on the Paradise Island species.
A unique ‘edutainment’ destination, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo is a highlight among Dubai’s tourist attractions and was recently awarded the TripAdvisor ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for consistently high visitor ratings.
Educational aspects of ‘Paradise Island’ include interactive presentations and tours which will be carried out by Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo marine specialists, providing exciting and interesting information about the species.
Gordon White, general manager of Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, said: “We continuously aim to enhance visitor’s experiences though innovative campaigns and new marine life displays. The ‘Paradise Island’ showcase is designed to further entertain and educate visitors, with a focus on highlighting the ocean’s rich and diverse ecosystems.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers