Akbar Al Baker and Wayne Pearce
Oman Air, Qatar Airways enter codeshare deal
Muscat, December 16, 2012
Oman Air and Qatar Airways have announced a codeshare agreement, allowing Oman Air’s customers to book flights from any of the 42 departure points within its network to Doha, the capital of Qatar.
The codeshare agreement is effective immediately and customers can now book flights through local outlets or by visiting www.omanair.com.
Announcing the codeshare, Wayne Pearce, chief executive officer of Oman Air, said: “We are delighted to be joining with Qatar Airways to offer even greater choice, value and convenience for our customers. This codeshare will make travel within the Gulf region easier, effectively extending Oman Air’s network.
“Both Oman Air and Qatar Airways offer customers extremely high standards of comfort and service, so I am pleased that we are now offering this great opportunity and am sure that it will prove to be an outstanding success.”
Qatar Airways chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker said: “Qatar Airways is pleased to partner with Oman Air to provide passengers with extensive choice and flexibility when planning their travel schedules.
“Qatar Airways is focused on delivering its signature five-star service to its passengers, as well as an extensive network of destinations to choose from, which is further enhanced with this new partnership,” said Al Baker. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal