BA to fly 2m passengers during New Year season
Dubai, December 13, 2012
More than 1.9 million people are booked to travel across British Airways’ network of over 175 destinations during the New Year period from December 15 to January 7, a top official said.
Friday, December 21, is the busiest day as nearly 102,000 customers travel across the airline’s network, said Paolo De Renzis, area commercial manager Middle East and Central Asia.
Even on Christmas Day, over 27,000 people will fly with British Airways. January 2, 2013 is the most popular day for travel after the Christmas break, with over 91,000 people flying with the airline on that day.
“The festive season is traditionally a busy travel period as people reunite with family and friends around the world,” said De Renzis.
“Our flights from Dubai and Abu Dhabi are timed to arrive at London Heathrow’s Terminal 5 to provide excellent connections for onward journeys to Europe and North America.”
For passengers still to book their festive getaway, British Airways is offering special fares for travel on Christmas Day.
To help customers get into the festive spirit during this time, British Airways will be serving mince pies and roast turkey on board, while on Christmas Day, 845 pilots and 2,473 cabin crew will be providing great service while spreading festive cheer, De Renzis said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award