Abu Dhabi Air Expo doubles exhibition area
Abu Dhabi, December 12, 2012
The second Abu Dhabi Air Expo, a leading general aviation event, has doubled its exhibition space in order to cope with the increase in demand from the growing number of exhibitors.
The event will take place from March 5 to 7, at Al Bateen Executive Airport.
Organisers have confirmed that leading airframers including Dassault Aviation, Embraer Executive Jets, Bombardier, Gulfstream, and Daher Socata have already committed to the show with many upgrading the size of their booth, and increasing the number of aircraft on the static.
The organisers anticipate a display of over 120 aircraft, and will feature a range of models from Light Sport Aircraft manufacturers to large corporate aircraft including the Airbus 319 which Rotana Jet, one of Al Bateen’s based operators, intends to display.
Alongside fixed wing, rotary will also have a strong presence with Sikorsky and Eurocopter already demonstrating booth commitment, and also local aerospace business Quest Helicopters.
The growth in significance of the Abu Dhabi Air Expo was confirmed at this year’s annual National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) show held in the US city of Orlando, Florida, where a selection of new exhibitors signed up for space.
“NBAA was really exciting for the sales team as the success of the first show generated commitment from a number of new companies wishing to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the expo,” said Didier Mary, director of Abu Dhabi Air Expo.
“We are delighted to see the event, which has become known locally as Al Bateen Expo, continue to grow,” said chairman Yousif Al Hammadi.
“We expect an even greater range of companies from an increased geographical range and wider number of services to attend. We’re also looking forward to welcoming a number of world previews from our exhibitors,” he added.
The only general aviation exhibition in the Middle Eastern region, Abu Dhabi Air Expo (Al Bateen Expo) brings together in one place leading industry players from the general aviation sector to discover the latest news, trends and industrial innovations.
The exhibition is primarily oriented towards owners, pilots, flying clubs, enthusiasts and professionals from within the world of general aviation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit