Bayanat, Frequentis in UAE airport deal
Abu Dhabi, December 11, 2012
UAE-based Bayanat Airports Engineering and Supplies has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Frequentis AG, a leader in ATC voice communication, to provide UAE airports with quality air traffic management (ATM) and communication solutions.
A leading airport systems integration provider, Bayanat said it will work closely with Frequentis to provide airports with advances in ATM solutions for both civil and defence markets, airport technology products, tower automation and aeronautical information management systems.
This collaboration will bring robust and reliable integrated communication and ATM systems to the region, which will be executed in turnkey projects in line with the region’s business and commitment to quality, said a senior official.
The first fruit of this partnership was the appointment of Frequentis to install a bi-directional flight plan format converter – smart FPL converter (an FPL 2012 Converter) – for Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) to enhance the functionality of its flight data processing system by supporting the conversion to and from the new formats, stated Alan Bourjeily, the GM of Bayanat Airports Engineering & Supplies.
According to him, Frequentis is a reputed company with a deep commitment to the aviation community and air safety; and a strong focus on innovation.
Frequentis develops, builds and installs industry-leading communication, information and tower automation systems for managing air traffic.
Their product portfolio is based on a determined user focus where they develop highly efficient user interfaces and working positions that have been optimised through years of research and collaboration with controllers and other users, he said.
"The company has applied its decades of experience and expertise in ATM to build scalable products that incorporate top design and technology in robust, reliable, cost-effective solutions. We are happy to partner with Frequentis to offer airports in the UAE with world-class ATM and communication solutions, which will strengthen our product portfolio further," noted Bourjeily.
"As per our agreement, Frequentis will be involved in BAES’ recently awarded build and design projects," he added.
Frequentis said its solutions are suited for Air Navigation Service Providers, Airports & Airlines and Space Communications.
“Bayanat is a niche company in the field of airport systems integration in the region having successful deployed major projects. We have known Bayanat for many years from the first deployment of Frequentis voice switches for the Emergency Tower at ADIA," said Paul Mayo, the area sales manager at Frequentis.
"While collaborating with Bayanat, we were impressed with their expertise, management skills and wide market knowledge. We have now aligned our strategies and signed this partnership to develop our businesses together. We look forward to working closely with Bayanat Airports to offer airports in the UAE world-class ATM solutions," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas