Mövenpick appoints new sales director
Dubai, December 11, 2012
Mövenpick Hotel Deira has announced the appointment of Purnima KP as director of sales & marketing for the 216-room hotel located in the heart of Dubai’s original commercial district.
She has almost two decades’ experience in the region, with previous postings in Oman and Yemen, as well as the UAE, a statement from the hotel said.
“Purnima joins us at an exciting time as we move into the next phase of strategic and sustainable growth following two very successful years of operation, during which time we have positioned ourselves in the market as the new face of hospitality in Dubai’s vibrant Deira district,” said Dan Benzaquen, operations manager, Mövenpick Hotel Deira.
“Coming from a front office background, she has a thorough first-hand understanding of hotel operations. Coupled with her professional career path, which has seen her take on successive and increasingly challenging roles in Dubai, Oman and Yemen since 1995, her knowledge and contacts in the travel industry are second to none.”
Charged with spearheading market segment development and building on the hotel’s reputation as a business hub, as well as an exciting food and beverage destination, Purnima joins a multinational team with responsibility for overseeing the full spectrum of sales, marketing and communications activities, the statement said.
Purnima will draw on her regional experience and yield and revenue management expertise to support the hotel’s highly visible presence in the local community, and grow regional and international business in key market segments, as well as driving digital marketing initiatives and corporate programmes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador