Gama Aviation boosts Mideast fleet
Sharjah, December 10, 2012
Gama Aviation, a unit of UK-based business aviation services organisation Gama Group, is significantly expanding both the number and diversity of its managed and charter aircraft fleet in the Middle East region.
Over the course of the past two months Gama has added an additional Embraer Legacy 600 and a Challenger 604 to its UAE charter fleet and an Embraer Legacy 650, Hawker 800XP and VIP Boeing 737 to its growing management fleet in the region.
Although Gama is firmly established at Sharjah International Airport, with an additional base in Dubai, this major fleet growth marks the company’s expansion into the UAE’s capital, Abu Dhabi.
This year has been a remarkable one of expansion for Gama Aviation in the Middle East region including the the opening of the Gama FBO at Sharjah International Airport besides the launch of Jeddah office and a base in Abu Dhabi.
The company also won key recognition in 2012 inlcuding UAE GCAA CAR 145 approval and UAE GCAA CAR Part M Maintenance Management approval.
Commenting on the expansion, Dave Edwards, the regional managing director, MEA said, "To enter our fourth year of operations in the Middle East on such a positive note is very rewarding. The market in the region for business aviation remains positive but slow, so it’s pleasing to see that the hard work and customer service ethic of our entire team here at Gama is producing strong results and gaining significant traction."
"Whether it’s our executive aircraft handling and maintenance services at Sharjah, the opening of our Abu Dhabi and Jeddah bases, the on-going growth of managed aircraft fleet of providing our charter customers with more aircraft choices, Gama Aviation is totally committed to providing a complete range of business aviation products and services to our Middle East based clients," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Gama Group will be a key exhibitor at the 'Middle East Business Avaition Dubai 2012' expo this week at its new Dubai World Central Exhibition venue
Gama Group is headquartered at Farnborough Airport in the UK, with its American headquarters in Stratford, CT, its Mena headquarters in Sharjah and Asian headquarters in Hong Kong.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas