Etihad adds 13 Omanis to finance department
Abu Dhabi, December 10, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has welcomed thirteen Omani nationals to its finance department as part of the extensive recruitment drive in Oman launched earlier this year.
The new employees have taken up positions ranging from cashiers to more senior finance officer positions. Eleven more Omani nationals are expected to join the finance team before the end of the year, a statement from the company said.
James Rigney, chief financial officer, said: “We are pleased to be offering these competent young Omani men and women the opportunity to build a career in the airline industry and specifically in the finance discipline. We are full of confidence that they will be a welcome addition to the team. ”
The Etihad Airways' Omani recruitment campaign recently won the Recruitment Programme of the Year Award at the Middle East HR Excellence Awards.
The campaign is on track to reach its target of hiring 400 Omani employees by the end of this year in jobs that span the spectrum of the airline's operations, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal